Welcome to the Krakauer v. DISH Network Litigation Website
This website contains information about a class action lawsuit brought against DISH Network in federal court in Greensboro, North Carolina. The website is maintained by the Court-appointed Claims Administrator, KCC Class Action Services.
The lawsuit alleged violations of federal laws prohibiting telephone solicitations to 18,066 persons whose telephone numbers were listed on the National Do Not Call Registry.
- The deadline for filing claims for payment was June 18, 2018. No further claims may be filed.
- August 26, 2021 Update:
- Consistent with the Court's Order, checks were mailed to Class Members on July 9, 2021.
- Class Members who did not provide an IRS Form W-9 to the Claims Administrator by May 3, 2021 were sent a partial payment of $595.
- Class Members who have not yet submitted an IRS Form W-9 can either click here to submit one online or use the form enclosed with the $595 check and mail it to the Claims Administrator.
- Every Class Member must complete and return the IRS Form W-9 by October 7, 2021 in order to receive a full payment.
- Some Class Members have questioned the need to supply an IRS Form W-9. Below is information explaining why we have required this form:
- The Court has ordered that Class Members complete an IRS Form W-9 to receive full payment.
- IRS Form W-9's are necessary because the IRS requires that payments over $600 be reported to the IRS. The Claims Administrator can only report Class Member payments to the IRS if the Claims Administrator has a full Social Security Number..
- Click here for a news story verifying that the request for the IRS Form-W9 is legitimate.
- Or read the article featured in the Wall Street Journal about the lawsuit- You May Be Eligible For a Cash Award—No, Really, Wait, Don’t Hang Up.
Address Updates: If the address on the Final Disbursement Order that lists all persons entitled to receive a payment needs to be updated, please request an address update by emailing the Claims Administrator atKrakauerLitigation@kccllc.com. Include the name on the claim, original address, new address and at least one current form of documentation that includes both the name on the claim and the new address, such as a utility bill, phone bill, bank statement, etc.
If you submitted a claim for a telephone number that is on the class list, please click here for more information.